No Audio sound

swanny2 17:40 27 Feb 10

ive had my xp home edition, 32 bit,processor model AMAthlon (tm) 512mb model K755a.Formatted,
But theres no sound or a icon in the corner.Can any advise me how too get it back Please.
Thankyou

Jameslayer 18:53 27 Feb 10

START-Control panel-sound and audio devices-place vulume icon in task bar

Check sounds not muted also check speakers are pluigged in.

Jameslayer 18:54 27 Feb 10

Sorry for short response.

swanny2 19:40 27 Feb 10

I went there ,its says no Audio Device!!

MarvintheAndroid 00:06 28 Feb 10

Are you using a separate sound card, or "built in" on board sound. Either way, you need to reinstall the audio drivers.

If using on board sound, make sure it is enabled in BIOS.

Marv

swanny2 13:13 28 Feb 10

Hi thanks,i think its built in,also im not sure how too get into the Bios.dont wnat too mess anything up,as im not that well up on comps.
cheers anyway,i ununstalled the drivers when i went into device manager but when i rebooted nothing came up for new drivers

MAT ALAN 13:23 28 Feb 10

Go to start, run, type in services .msc; then scroll down down until you find windows audio. Right click windows audio and select properties, then look for where it says startup type, make sure that selection is set to automatic.reboot

might help...

swanny2 13:32 28 Feb 10

hmm i typed that in run mate but nothing appears when i click OK

MAT ALAN 13:37 28 Feb 10

OOOPS should be services.msc (no space)

swanny2 13:43 28 Feb 10

Thanks .its says its on Automatice mate.

MAT ALAN 13:49 28 Feb 10

You may need to reinstall your motherboard chipset driver..reboot the system...and then reinstall the audio driver.
If you need help with the mobo details, use the following program to give "mainboard/chipset" details.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac