No Audio Output Is Installed

rawding123 15:25 28 Aug 08

Hi
I brougt a Hi-Grade laptop about a year ago already installed with windows vista home basic its worked fine.But about 2 weeks ago i swicthed it on and my screen had gone dark but you could still read the screen so i restarted it. When it restarted there was a red cross on the speaker symbol and said 'No Audio Output Device Is Installed' so i went into device manager and there is a explamation mark in a yellow triangle next to high definition audio.Also all my 4 USB ports are not working probley for example when i plug my mp3 player in the usb port the mp3 can read my computer but the computer will not find the usb.
hope to hear from some1 soon
Thanx
rawding123

woodchip 15:34 28 Aug 08

You need to load Sound Drivers again. If the Screen is still Dark the Back-light or Inverter needs replacing click here

Splodge 15:35 28 Aug 08

You need to look at your documentation (or contact the manufacturer) and find which Audio was originally installed.

For example, if you use an OEM install disk on another machine, the program for sound (such as SoundMax) will not be on the disk so you have to go the Manufacturer's site or do a search to download it.
It should, of course be on the original disk, if so you need to go to Control Panel, then System and then Audio and, put your OS disk in (do not let it run though) and search for the Driver.

However, if you are uncertain about it, get someone with more knowledge do it for you.

woodchip 15:36 28 Aug 08

You should get this Fixed under Not Fit For Purpose that it was made for. i.e it should last longer than it as, this can be upto 6 years "Customer Protection" is the one that covers it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…