No Audio

VIRAGO 750 10:24 02 Mar 03

I have a Compaq Presario 2292 and have just lost all audio. My computer is telling me that my ES1869 Plug and Play AudioDrive is not present or working properly. I have tried reinstalling the driver from the PC, start up disc and from ESS Technology driver download but the problem still persists. When trying to install driver from download I get 'OEM SETUP.CAT 'not present.Have you any suggestions how I can retrieve my sound?

'oppy 13:27 02 Mar 03

VIRAGO 750,have you checked your volume control, the little icon in the bottom right of your task bar? (looks like a little loudspeaker) right click this and check volume control,and make sure nothing has been muted, thats all I can suggest for the moment, some one else may come up with something

Stuartli 14:33 02 Mar 03

Also if you have programs such as Windows Media Player which have their own mute button...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…