No Audio

Bazz2000 23:04 22 Nov 03

Hi People. Ive just put a new mobo and graphics card on my pc. Ive had no problems other than audio. No sound at all comes from any speaker or the headphones. I double checked that they were connected at the mobo and everything looks fine. I installed the drivers from the disk with the mobo, and Ive also tried downloading from one from the website and they both seem to install fine. Its not on mute nor is the volume turned down. Is there some sort of setting that ive missed. Thanks folks.

mike_w 23:11 22 Nov 03

What mobo have you got? and is anything listed in Device Manager under Sound...?

Methedrine 23:12 22 Nov 03

Is it on-board audio or do you have a sound card?
If on-board, check mobo settings with manual to ensure they are correct.
If sound card, check that on-board sound is disabled, or you could try sound card in a different PCI slot.

Methedrine 23:15 22 Nov 03

Just had a thought. Double click the volume icon near clock, click advanced and check that the "1 digital output only" box is unchecked.

andrew-216448 23:16 22 Nov 03

hi, try checking the device manager to see ur pc recognized the soundcard. if there is a ? in the sound category try checking the installed driver.

Bazz2000 23:17 22 Nov 03

The mobo is an aopen model no. mx46 u2. Ive got onboard sound In device manager everything seems to be there and whenever a sound should be playing its as if its muted but its not. There are never any error messages. What setting should I check?

andrew-216448 23:23 22 Nov 03

try checking the bios of ur mobo, maybe the audio was disabled.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…