No attachments in emails received

chrisbenwalker 10:18 24 Apr 06

I have a problem with my new lap top. I am using outlook express, and have no problem sending or receiving emails. Its just that when an email is received, the main body of the text is there, but no sign of the attachment.

I have the paperclip symbol showing before I open the email, but once open, there's no sign of the attachment.

Is this purely a simple settings problem?

Help appreciated, regards

VoG II 10:21 24 Apr 06

Tools/Options, Security tab, Untick "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

Andsome 10:25 24 Apr 06

Do as Vog suggests, but DO make sure that you have a reliable AV program installed and update it regularly

chrisbenwalker 10:34 24 Apr 06

Have tried that, and still no luck.

All I have is "From, to, date and subject" showing when I open up the email. There is no sign of an attachment.

I have tried sending an email with attachment from the laptop to a fully working pc, and when received by the pc, again, no sign of the attachment. It seem that the laptop is neither sending or receiving attachments on emails.

Any other thoughts as to what it could be?

ACOLYTE 10:37 24 Apr 06

It may be that your ISP is removing the attachment before delivering the email as a security feature,what type of extension are the attachments in when u send them?
I mostly zip all attachments i send,it saves space and most email servers allow zipped files of any extension.

chrisbenwalker 10:43 24 Apr 06

I have tried sending word and jpeg docs, and if i send them from the pc using outlook, I can also receive them, including the attachments, on the same pc.

If I try to receive the same emails on the laptop, I have the problem.

ACOLYTE 10:50 24 Apr 06

Do you have any security software on the laptop that could be removing them?

chrisbenwalker 10:53 24 Apr 06

I only have AVG and Spamfighter, but those I have that on the PC aswell. I may try setting up the account on outlook express again to see if that helps.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers, Chris

chrisbenwalker 11:01 24 Apr 06

Still no luck, I have re-created my email account in outlook express, but still not receiving the email attachment. Any more thoughts as to what it could be?

chrisbenwalker 11:55 24 Apr 06

Have sorted the problem by installing Outlook from my Office Software. It gave me the option to upgrade from Outlook Express, which I did, and crossed my fingers while doing so!

I seems to hae fixed my attachment problem so all's well again.

Still would be interested to know what else could have caused this problem if anyone knows.....

Simsy 12:05 24 Apr 06

there is a "real" attachment?

It may be the certification taht is the attachment.

I wrote a short explanation of what might be the issue, if you're using AVG...

click here

I hope this helps,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…