No Application discs

Rossi#1 16:46 07 Mar 06

I recently bought this new pc but it has come with no support discs whatsoever,not even for Windows. Compaq has thoughtfully provided the software to create my own but being a rookie computer user do I need CDs or DVDs?
I dont have anything like videos or music as yet its really just program software.

jack 17:55 07 Mar 06

Thisis the trend now truly minimalist - gone are the days of 'Free Bundles' worth lots.
At a guess a CD-R is what you need , surely the documentation such as it may be is more specific.
If not an E-Mail to the Computer Help Room.

surfmonkey #:@} 18:30 07 Mar 06

what compac model did u buy there normally all the software und updates for your model on the compaq site

Rossi#1 19:07 07 Mar 06

Ive got the Presario 1619UK. I used to have a laptop with all the support discs and had nothing but trouble with it so the discs were used rather frequently. Hopefully I wont have such problems with this but it would be reassuring to have the backup.

surfmonkey #:@} 19:21 07 Mar 06

click here is this your pc very informative on updates and fings

Rossi#1 21:45 07 Mar 06

Thats the boy.I couldnt find that.

terryf 23:02 09 Mar 06

If you get an external USB hard drive (even Argos sell them) and a free trial download of click here
you can make an image of your hard drive that will allow you to restore your system, Get a copy of EA8 from click here This will make a record of all your email account settings, desktop, backup emails and lots of other goodies that you store on your USB drive. As you add programs you can do an incremental backup that just records the changes to your C drive. Use EA8 from time to time to keep your emails backed up

terryf 23:03 09 Mar 06

Of course in the long term you will need to buy Acronis but I prefer it to Norton or Symantec

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now