No antivirus?!

seventiesdolly 20:29 20 Jun 06

I have just been looking through my zone alarm controls and noticed that it says 'no antivirus programme is being detected' on my pc!!
I am running avast, and it seems to be working ok, so why is it not being recognized by zone alarm? It used to recognise when I had Norton installed...

Belatucadrus 20:39 20 Jun 06

If the taskbar icons is there and the Windows security centre knows about it and shows avast as being installed and on, don't worry about it. ZoneAlarm will have a database of known AV applications to check for, it would appear that avast! isn't on its list.

ade.h 20:44 20 Jun 06

Nothing to worry about. If you want an extra check, run the Eicar virus test - it's not a demanding test as it's a known signature, but it simply shows that your AV engine is running and working normally. click here

seventiesdolly 20:45 20 Jun 06

But i'm sure there was nothing untoward when I last looked otherwise I would have noticed then.

ade.h 20:51 20 Jun 06

Try the test, then, just to be on the safe side. But I'm fairly sure that it's okay.

patsyanne 21:27 20 Jun 06

seventiesdolly ,my zonealarm says the same and i have Avast so dont worry about it .Avast is a good program and free .

seventiesdolly 21:29 20 Jun 06

Thanks guys, it just seems weird that i've not noticed it before, as you do...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…