No ADSL connection when I load printer software

pub 06:41 20 May 05

I have just started using tiscali broadband.I had many problems trying to get the modem set up on my computer (running Windows ME) and had to eventually re-format the hard drive and reinstall windows due to a missing dll file.The problem now though is I cannot install my Epsom printer software without losing my ADSL connection.When the software installs I get the message SUReg Key failed OK.I click ok and the software carries on loading until done.I the restart my computer and find there is no dial tone.I have installed Norton Go Back so I am able to go back to the time before I installed the printer software and re-establish The ADSL connection.I have done this about 3 times to prove it`s the printer software,I have even downloaded the sofware from the web just to see if there is anything different from the CD,but to no avail.

lotvic 15:15 20 May 05

just bumping this one up to the top

Jak_1 16:21 20 May 05

Just a thought, have you tried installing the printer software and the install the adsl software to see if it works that way round. There is no dial tone with adsl as it conects direct, no number to dial. Also check: Control Panel > Internet Conections > Conections to see that the right modem is highlighted. If you still have the V90 modem still there I would sugest deleting that. Check the adsl modem properties and make sure the info is corect.

€dstowe 16:42 20 May 05

Are both your modem and printer USB devices?

It may be that your machine is unable to cope with both from the same root.

Simple answer is to buy a low cost USB PCI card and run one device from that.

anchor 16:48 20 May 05

Maybe a scanreg might fix it.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…