No additional sense information

fazza8 11:28 17 Dec 05

I have been burning some cdd image files using Clone CD and every now and then I get this error message HARDWARE FAILURE : NO ADDITIONAL SENSE INFORMATION" and it fails. Anyone know what this is?

DieSse 11:34 17 Dec 05

Is there an error code ? click here

Try burning slower - it's possible the writing cannot keep up with the reading.

fazza8 11:48 17 Dec 05

Not sure about error code. Will try to reproduce problem. I am actually writing from images on the hard drive so I am not sure the read-write thing applies. Can you adjust the burning speed in clone cd?

pj123 14:52 17 Dec 05

Whether this is any consolation to you or not I don't know.

I have Clone CD on my computer but have never used it. As an experiment I have copied a CD using Clone CD. I set it to copy "On the Fly" and set the burn speed at 16x.

It started off all OK giving me a "Remaining Time" of 3:58. But when it got to 42% the burn speed dropped from 2024kb to 551kb and the remaining time went up to 12 or so minutes. My Main Buffer and Sub Buffer never went below 99%. At the end it took 15mins 47secs to copy the CD.

I then tried the same exercise using Nero Burn 6 which is my standard burning program and using the same parameters it did the copy in 9mins 12secs.

Perhaps you need to get NeroBurn to use instead of Clone CD?

fazza8 15:01 17 Dec 05

I've managed to upgrade to Clone CD5 and it's going OK so far.

Thanks for the help everybody

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…