no access to PC Advisor site

dangerusone 10:17 AM 12 Aug 12

I tried to log in to this site using my 10 year old Tiscali email and the password which I knew was right and got the message the my email/password was wrong. I clicked on the remind me of my password and got an email stating that my email was (original) and my password was (original) When I clicked on the link I got the same message. I have joined this site again, the same email address/password the only thing different was my user name which was already taken (by me for the last few years) Can anybody tell me why?

Nontek 10:20 AM 12 Aug 12

Many regular users have experienced the same thing - the glitch is/was due to ongoing upgrading of the site by PCA. I think it has mostly settled down again now.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:21 AM 12 Aug 12

The site has been playing up for a while (since some database maintenance was done) and several people have had similar problems and have needed to update their profile by either changing username, password or email.

Perhaps its got lost in the POST (pun intended)

;0)

dangerusone 10:34 AM 12 Aug 12

I have bought a netbook and have been playing about setting it up to my way of thinking and I thought that might be the cause. Thanks for the prompt replies.

johnnyrocker 21:11 PM 12 Aug 12

they advised me when i queried my non access that system had been upgraded to prevent people advertising on site which made changes to some passwords, in my case the word now started with a capital

johnny

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone