NO ACCESS TO INTERNET

yorkiebhoy 18:38 18 Nov 08

I can't access the internet through my user account. It says there is no connection but the other two user accounts on my computer are fine. How can this be. I've been on to AOL but with no luck. Basically my computer has a broadband connection but i can't access the internet from my own user account. Any HELP much appreciated.

lotvic 21:53 19 Nov 08

Does your user account have Administrator rights? or is limited?
Try 're-doing' the Administrator rights on yours - alter the setting and log off then log on and alter it again.

yorkiebhoy 13:37 20 Nov 08

how do you alter the setting of the administrator rights?

Clapton is God 14:23 20 Nov 08

"how do you alter the setting of the administrator rights?"

If you're already an Administrator, there's no rights to alter as such.

It could simply be that your account doesn't have access to the modem/router.

Look in C:/Documents and Settings/Your User Name/Programs/Name of your ISP OR name of modem/router and look for a shortcut to the modem/router.

If there's no shortcut in there, have a look in the same path for one or both of the other users.

If you find that shortcut to the modem/router, move it to C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Programs/Name of your ISP OR name of modem/router.

lotvic 18:47 20 Nov 08

Do what Clapton is God has said, I never thought about there not being access to the modem/router in your account.

If it still won't work, post back with more details.

yorkiebhoy 19:54 22 Nov 08

Followed your instructions up until programs. After that there is no link to modem but there is a link to internet explorer which when clicked brings up the same message. No server provider.

yorkiebhoy 19:57 22 Nov 08

I can't get it of limited account to change it back to administration.

Sea Urchin 20:07 22 Nov 08

How to change your account to administrator

click here

rdave13 20:12 22 Nov 08

Looks like your profile is corrupted. click here

Clapton is God 07:21 23 Nov 08

If you're now an Administrator account, try looking in:

C:/Documents and Settings/One of the other user names/Start Menu/Programs/Start Up and look for a shortcut to the modem/router.

If you find that shortcut, move it to:

C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Start Menu/Programs/Start Up.

yorkiebhoy 21:08 23 Nov 08

I can't change back to admin account. There is nothing coming up to click to take it back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…