NMIndexStoreSvr.exe

Jaynedoe 08:47 07 Dec 07

This message keeps popping up lately on boot up, anybody know what it is or how to repair/get rid of it? I can only imagine it is because I ran CCleaner, adaware and did a defrag the other day.
Thanks
Jayne

Sparkly 08:55 07 Dec 07

Jaynedoe it belongs to Nero part of the burning software

Technotiger 08:55 07 Dec 07
  Jaynedoe 09:11 07 Dec 07

OK thanks guys. But i dont have Nero 7 on My computer. I have just put Nero 8 on that was given to me for my birthday last week. Not used because I dont know how yet.
technotoiger that link explains what it is but I have to d/l the software and then buy it to remove this box. Any other way please? Jayne.

Technotiger 09:19 07 Dec 07

click here

Also have a look in Task Manager (Ctrl/Alt/Del) under Processes Tab, if it is shown, highlight it and delete it.

Technotiger 09:20 07 Dec 07

In addition, I think you should run Ccleaner again, this should clear up any left-overs.

Jaynedoe 12:19 07 Dec 07

hi guys well i found the Nero index serv thing in task manager and deleted it. Now when I start Nero the error message has gone but it says it cannot run and I should reinstall Nero...which I did. Rebooted and the error box pops up again so it is definately down to Nero. So I uninstalled Nero again and the message box has gone and the puter seems to run faster as well...might be my imagination though. So thanks guys I think I will just leave Nero8 sitting in the box with all the other junk I have that slows my puter down and causes problems like Norton Sys works.

Now without Nero how can I burn MP3s to a cd please? Are there any simple free programs that can do that? I just tried in windows media player but it only seems to burn in wma format. Thanks
Jayne.

Technotiger 15:05 07 Dec 07

Here's a good free one ... click here

If you also have Roxsio cd burner on your pc, this sometimes clashes with Nero!

Technotiger 15:06 07 Dec 07

PS CD Burner also does DVD's.

Jaynedoe 18:23 07 Dec 07

Thanks Techi

that program worked fine.
Thanks
jayne

Technotiger 18:27 07 Dec 07

Grreat - my pleasure - enjoy!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos