NIS2013 + Winpatrol etc in IE9, Can they be used in Google Chrome?

compumac 17:39 PM 02 Mar 13

Having a bad week this week making concentration difficult. Bit of a stick in the mud – I have been using Internet Explorer for a lifetime and when accessing PCAdvisor Help forum it takes quite some time when opening any postings. I tried Google Chrome this afternoon having never used it before, PCAdvisor forum opened far quicker and seemingly also with other websites. I will probably look further into Google Chrome but would pose a question before following that tack. . I have various protective programmes – WinPatrol, NIS 2013, Rapport and similar installed and function OK when in IE9 – How about functionality of these in association with Google Chrome?

Woolwell 17:43 PM 02 Mar 13

Should be no problem especially NIS.

compumac 17:56 PM 02 Mar 13

Woolwell.

Thanks for prompt response. As I said I am lacking concentration this week - I did expect that those programmes would still function under another web browser but thinking too hard is not on my agenda today.

sunnystaines 19:50 PM 02 Mar 13

NIS works with my chrome browser, but you have to go to chrome settings, then extensions and place a tick in "enable" and "access to URL's" for the norton vault to work.

morddwyd 07:53 AM 03 Mar 13

Don't know about NIS but both WinPatrol and Rapport work with Chrome, and also with Firefox and Opera

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone