NIS2005 won't update automatically.

seventiesdolly 10:03 30 Dec 05

I have NIS2005
win xp home
zone alarm free
plus all the regular anti spyware programmes, and my norton no longer automatically updates. I have to go and do it manually, which is no big deal, but seeing as it has the features to update automatically, it has just begun to really bug me - any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.

seventiesdolly 10:05 30 Dec 05

Oh, by the way, I have already tried ticking the 'enable automatic updates' box to no avail.

seventiesdolly 11:33 25 Jan 06

bump

WhiteTruckMan 11:48 25 Jan 06

Do you have dont allow exceptions ticked in windows firewall? if not, look in the exceptions tab and see if anything pertaining to norton-or symantec-is ticked. It probably isnt this, but it doesnt take long to look. The beggar of it is, this rings a bell with me, but I cant put my finger on it. one of my kids machines will flatly refuse to connect and update time from a time server. I cured this once before, last year, (on the same machine) but I've slept since then and cant remember what I did. Frustrating.

WTM

BTW, windows firewall is to be found in control panel

sunny staines 15:10 25 Jan 06

try retting the schedules for liveupdate

mobileman1953 18:08 25 Jan 06

click here

try above link worked for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…