NIS and Win XP

Rhuddlan 14:14 10 Dec 04

I have heared so many stories of this version of this so called "great program" conflicting with XP. I did have NIS 2005 installed on my system, but now have Zonealarm 5.5 and AVG 7.0, as NIS 2005 caused me nothing but problems and after uninstallation and an attempt of reinstallation, it wouldn't work at all!!!

Also other people that have the program say their computer runs much slower after installing it and it won't always load at startup!!! What's going on??? Has sp2 got something to do with it???, also when I had NIS 2005 installed, Word didn't always work, sometimes it wouldn't open and some features wouldn't work and other times when it was opening, a message appeared saying something about about this MSI cannot be launched through setup

mattyc_92 14:26 10 Dec 04

I am using NIS 2005 at the moment and it hasn't affected the system's performance nor caused ANY problems at the moment. I have been using this program about 2 months now and no problems with it so far.

However, I have noticed sometimes my internet conection does slow down abit and the "Live Update" doesn't work as good as it did on System-Works 2003.... I don't think that this program is to blame for the internet problem but you never know.....

You should be able to re-install the program as long as you re-booted windows after the uninstall process.....

Rhuddlan 14:31 10 Dec 04

I uninstalled the program and then tried to reinstall, but NIS only installed, NAV didn't and it sayed it couldn't due to a fatal error, or a missing or damaged file(s)!!!

mattyc_92 14:40 10 Dec 04

Because you didn't "re-boot" your system after you removed it....

And this brings up questions like "What was wrong with the program to make you uninstall it"

Rhuddlan 14:46 10 Dec 04

Well thanks for the help, but i'm sticking with zonealarm 5.5 and avg 7.0 for now, until I can get NIS 2005 to work!!! Thanks again for the help, Rhuddlan.

mattyc_92 14:50 10 Dec 04

When did you uninstall this program???? If you have uninstalled it recently and haven't "re-booted", then just "re-boot" system and try installing it again!!!! :)

Rhuddlan 15:25 10 Dec 04

I uninstalled the progam yesterday and the computer has been rebooted twice since and still NAV fails to install and I get messages about MSI upon startup and when opening word up!!!

mattyc_92 15:28 10 Dec 04

Have you tried going to the "Symantec" website for help.... You can use the "Free Online Database" or pay for some personal help from them!!!!

Rhuddlan 16:05 10 Dec 04

Will try that and post back, cheers!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5