NIS 2007 & Outlook Express 6 conflict

Wiganken1 19:37 09 Feb 07

Does any one know a quick fix to stop the Outlook Express 6 Identity Login dialogue box automatically launching 5 minutes after boot up. This started happening after I loaded the Norton Internet Security 2007 add-on pack. I could uninstall NIS 2007 and re-install it but I've heard this might be problematic. I tried disabling the Anti-Spam feature because I thought I had this problem with NIS 2004 and this action fixed it. But not this time. I contacted Symantec who were of no help and I don't think the Microsoft knowledge base is any use either.
Thanks,
Ken

Forum Editor 22:56 13 Feb 07

test

Wiganken1 11:30 14 Feb 07

For the benefit of other forum members I tried disabling all aspects of the Add-On Pack one-by-one without any effect and found the easiest solution was to uninstall the NIS 2007 Add-On Pack and do without it.
The Add-On Pack is a 'nice to have' but it is not necessary. It is 'bloatware' inceasing the running processes on my pc from 24 to 30 (as reported by Lavasoft Ad-Watch). If you have no problems then by all means use it but be aware the extra 6 running processes will be slowing your pc down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now