NIS 2006 - Programs using 'unknown' modules

hazap2 09:06 09 May 07

Everytime i boot my laptop up @ the mo i keep getting warnings from norton internet security saying programs like firefox, outlook etc... are trying to access the internet using 'unknown' modules, aswell as services, system32 etc.... most are using modules through system32. I've oly just started to get this warnings, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

birdface 10:04 09 May 07

If you have any other Spyware programs,Run them see if they pick anything up.Has this just happened since the Microsoft up-dates yesterday,

birdface 10:10 09 May 07

Hi just wondering why you are still on Nis 2006,When there was a free up-date to 2007,Normally I would tell you to Uninstall Norton,And run C Cleaner,Then reinstall Norton.But there are a few Trojans going about, And I would wait till someone can give you the proper advice that you need.

hazap2 10:37 09 May 07

i had no idea there had been a free up-date, i haven't been running a comp for while with an active internet connection so only get to up-date now and again. I think it's happened to me since i've installed an up date and then a hotfix from microsoft about a DDL module. How do you get the free upgrade to 2007, or am i too late?

birdface 10:56 09 May 07

I would imagine its still available,It would all depend if your one has run out or not,If I can still find it I will post it on here for you,Regarding your Problem it is probably your Firewall wanting to know whether to accept changes or not,I think we need someone else that has Norton to advise you on that one,

birdface 13:02 09 May 07

Hi,Unfortunately I cant find the upgrade program,The only one that i did find was now out of date,So I don't know if they are still doing it,So anybody else out there let us know if you can still get the free up-grade from Norton 2006_2007.

muserocks123 14:14 09 May 07

Thank you for everyone who has helped me on this subject, it has been greatly received. I msu comment on how great Symtecs helpline is, after dropping them an email they've already got back to me;

"I understand from your E-mail that Norton Internet Security 2006 program gives a message stating that some programs like itunes, outlook etc and recommend them to be blocked.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Please be informed that this issue can occur if some of the Personal Firewall settings has been modified.

To resolve this issue, I suggest that you download and install Norton 2007.2 upgrade in your computer."

This is just an abstract of the email, for persons who need this link it can be found @

click here

I'll update you when i've done it and see what happens!

Thanks again

birdface 14:39 09 May 07

Well done,That was a good and quick response.If only all the rest were as quick,Good luck with 2007 there have been some good reports about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…