NIS 2005 - Without installing AV?

mattyc_92 17:38 27 Jun 05

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible not to install teh Anti-Virus program that is "bundled" with this program?

Thanks in advance

Diodorus Siculus 17:53 27 Jun 05

Have you tried the custom install option?

mattyc_92 17:55 27 Jun 05

Yes, but all that does is asks you about the Parental Controls (which I want to keep with the firewall)

I have managed to do it before, but that was when I had SystemWorks (when I uninstalled SystemWorks, it removed AV)

mattyc_92 19:20 27 Jun 05

bump

sattman 19:26 27 Jun 05

If your intentions are to run a seperate AV from another provider, I would imagine that you might find some problems doing so.

mattyc_92 19:32 27 Jun 05

That is what I am *hoping*... But I want to keep the firewall and Parental Controls (if poss)

sattman 22:36 27 Jun 05

By all means try it but I repeat the caution. I know that the suite of programmes are linked and you may get problems when any one of them as they try to do a auto update, seeing a conflict with a AV that it does not recognise. Just be prepared, as you may have to do a recovery.

mattyc_92 08:50 28 Jun 05

Thanks for the reply... I do realise that this could happen, thus I have created an acronis image of my system...

I am thinking of getting McAfee today, so NIS is going to be removed off the system...

Will tick this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…