NIS 2005 Problem

Rhuddlan 19:56 09 Dec 04

When I open NIS 2005 the auto protext feature isn't on and when I try to turn it on, it tells me there is an internal program error and after visiting the link it provided, nothing solves the problem!!! Also after the computer has loaded at startup I get a window appearing saying windows installer and then a message saying something like the MSI cannot be completed through setup, and the same message appears when opening work too, has this something to do with sp2?

Rhuddlan 19:57 09 Dec 04

sorry I meant the same message appears when opening word

VoG II 19:59 09 Dec 04

Can you post the exact error message please (the MSI one).

Rhuddlan 20:10 09 Dec 04

It says This MSI must be launched through setup, this appears when opening word and after startup, when the desktop appears on the computer. Anyone have any ideas on the auto protect problem in NIS 2005. I might have a go at reinstalling it first and post back if that solves the problem.

BITS&BOBS 20:10 09 Dec 04

What ever you please dont try and unistall it just yet - if it comes to that - put the NIS 2005 disk in and reinstall it over the copy already installed.

Rhuddlan 20:24 09 Dec 04

Thanks Bits and Bobs, I will see if anyone here ans any solutions and then the last resort will be a reinstall over the current.

VoG II 20:34 09 Dec 04

click here is the nearest I can find. I don't know why you are getting this message with both NIS and Word but using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility click here may solve this.

Rhuddlan 21:13 09 Dec 04

I have used the cleanup utility and reinstalled NIS 2005 but no upon startup, norton takes ages to load, NAV 2005 won't install becuase of a fatal error or a missing or damaged file and auto protect still won't work. I'm not giving up without a fight, I paid good money for this and I intend to use it!!! Any other ideas anyone???

Thomo1 23:39 09 Dec 04

Take it back to where you got it from and tell um its un-suitable for your system.

Find the right member of staff/store and they should be able to something for you.

EatSomeCheese 23:46 09 Dec 04

Go into NAV options and disable auto-protect plug-in for Microsoft Office. Should be fixed!

Rhuddlan 00:49 10 Dec 04

I purchased the product off the currys website about a month ago. I can't get into NAV options as NAV won't install!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…