Nintendo DS Lite: opinions sought.

m800afc 03:13 20 Oct 07

I am considering buying a Nintendo DS Lite for the missus. She has frequent trips to the hospital and this may help while away the hours.
Is it any good? Are there any known problems, and is it likely to be supported for a reasonable length of time. Am I likely to have to buy extra memory to run some games? In normal use how long does the battery last? Can it be powered by a car cigarette lighter socket? Can it be used as an mp3 player?
You observations will be gratefully received.

Smiler 18:32 20 Oct 07

No known problems. Battery lasts up to 10 hours.
Car adaptors are available. There are hundreds of games available. As far as memory gose no extra is needed to play any games that I know of.
As far as using it as an mp3 player goes you will need to buy an M3DS Simply click here
which has the software necessary to play mp3 files as well as movies & text e-books plus DS Roms.

Dipso 23:14 20 Oct 07

Argos have a cracking deal on at the moment, you can buy a DS with an accessory pack, which includes a car charger, a game and a stylus kit for just over £100. Like Smiler says if you buy a R4DS (google for it) or a M3 Simply you can get even more from it.

This is a popular games console which I'm sure will be supported for some time to come.

if you go ahead with DS and add R4 this maybe useful to you.
click here

m800afc 11:21 21 Oct 07

Thanks everyone for your comments. I think I will get a DS Lite.
One last question. What is the difference between M3 DS SIMPLY and Nintendo DS R4 Revolution? Which is the better choice?

Dipso 13:07 21 Oct 07

As far as I know they are made by the same manufacturer so are pretty much the same, so not much in them really. New firmware comes out for the R4 first, this is about the only advantage of getting the R4 over the M3.

The only other thing is I would advise getting a 2GB micro SD card as you will fill the card up pretty quickly especially if using it to store music and movies as well as Homebrew games.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…