Nimda Worm Infection???!!!

Major Disaster 11:26 11 Jun 05

Ive just run an ewido scan (a great free AV) and it found Worm.Nimda in C:\I386\NETMEET.HTM and C:\WINDOWS\$ServicePackUninstall$\netmeet.htm. I just did a google on this worm and found the Symantec Response [email protected]" title="[email protected]" TARGET="_new">click here stating that "The worm now copies itself to the \%Windows% folder as Csrss.exe instead of Mmc.exe" well ive just checked and ive got csrss.exe running in task manager under processes (sysetm) using 4,000k of memory. Is this the virus and should i end this process as well as deleting the files ewido found?
Any help is much appreciated

SANTOS7 11:32 11 Jun 05
  SANTOS7 11:32 11 Jun 05
  SANTOS7 11:33 11 Jun 05

the link should be to a removal tool but not sure whats giong on at moment

DieSse 11:35 11 Jun 05

Yup - crss should be running - and it does take 4020K in my system.

I suggest you recheck with another AV - you might have a "false positive" (ie a virus wrongly detected where there isn't one).

What AV are you running that you think may have let such an old worm in?

SANTOS7 11:36 11 Jun 05

click here
lets try this way

Major Disaster 11:36 11 Jun 05

The only thing is i dont know what varient of the worm it is! It only says worm.nimda Its in the quarentine now, so should i "remove it finally"?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:38 11 Jun 05

Major Disaster 11:40 11 Jun 05

Um sorry DieSse, i didnt see your post. I have got Mcafee Virus Scan, up to date, A squared free version, Ewido free version that just found it, Mcafee Firewall (old version), ms antispyware, adaware and spybot, my pc is like fort knocks!

DieSse 11:58 11 Jun 05

What does McAfee say - does it report a virus?

That's what makes me wonder about a false report from a little known free AV.

Major Disaster 12:00 11 Jun 05

well ive just deleted the two files. Mcafee didnt find anythink through the first time i run ewido (the full trial) it found some trojans that macfaee has never found. It is a great AV, really even the free one. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…