Nikonscan II Film Scanner

smamit 18:06 03 Aug 04

A friend has a Nikonscan II film scanner which connects via a SCSI card.The scanner worked well with W98 but we are having problems with Xp.The scanner and SCSI are recognised in system but have problems.We cannot find new drivers - does anyone know if they are available? Nikon don't show any.The scanner is several years old but would be expensive to replace.All help gratefully received.

€dstowe 18:37 03 Aug 04

I know of a company who keep a W98 machine specifically for using a film scanner. I believe it's a Nikon but I don't know the model number. They do this as they couldn't get the device to work in XP.

This is no positive help to you, I know but, may indicate that there is, or could be, a problem with these old scanners.

€d

'Nikon has no plans to support the following products with Windows XP:

Coolscan (LS-10)
Coolscan II (LS-20)
Super Coolscan (LS-1000)

LS-3500
LS-3510AF
LS-4500AF

Scantouch AX-110
Scantouch AX-210
Scantouch AX-1200'

click here

Couldn't find anything relating to XP drivers for this product myself, but you could ask at DP Review (Nikon Forum) - click here

Point being that some clever programmers often find ways to alter software/drivers for devices - worth a shot maybe?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…