Nikon web site problem

as400man 07:55 01 May 03

I have no problem with the internet but I cannot make the Nikon.co.uk site display properly on my home PC. I just get a white area in the middle of a black screen but I can get the site up correctly at work. I do not have this problem with any other site. I am running XP with Norton Personal Firewall and Virus checker.
Any ideas?

moore_mat 10:53 01 May 03

Just had a look at the site and it looks like a big part of it is in Macromedia Flash.

It may be that you need to install or update your version

click here to install the latest version and try it again.

Hope this helps

M@

as400man 12:00 01 May 03

I will try this when I get home this evening. Cheers.

as400man 18:53 01 May 03

I have installed the latest version of Macromedia but I get the same result.
Any ideas?

jolorna 19:05 01 May 03

i have macromedia flash 6 and the site works ok for me

Sturmey 19:14 01 May 03

If you are using Internet Explorer, goto tools>internet options>settings>view objects

you will see a list of Active-x controls you have installed, you should see "Shockwave flash object" lised.

If you dont see "Shockwave flash object" then flash didn't install properly and you will need to re-install flash as you did earlier.

as400man 18:51 02 May 03

I do have a program entry for 'Shockwave flash object'. I have never seen this option before so thanks for pointing me there. I took the update option for all the programs and the updates went OK but I still cannot view the Nikon site.

Sturmey 17:12 05 May 03

I would test flash by visiting a site you know uses flash try this one click here

If that displays ok then at least you know flash is installed ok and it could be something else that is stopping your browser from displaying the Nikon site correctly.

as400man 18:49 05 May 03

Thanks for taking an interest in my problem and I can confirm that the Macromedia site displays with no problems. But at least that's confirmed flash is working. Thanks for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…