Nikon and Electronic Format (.nef)

Diemmess 16:01 03 Aug 05

Anyone know of a cheap way of loading/changing .nef to something usable?

I have a friend with me and would like to see what he has in his camera while he's here!

woodchip 16:13 03 Aug 05

Have a look hear you may find what you want click here=

hssutton 16:25 03 Aug 05

Ok, He could always shoot Jpg or download rawshooter it's freeware and can be obtained click here

Diemmess 17:12 03 Aug 05

Friend was only here for a short while. He knows more about his lifelong hobby of photography than I ever shall, but I built his computer and helped him learn to use it.

My fiddle with his camera was to see what he had done with his return to SLR and the fancy Nikon digital.

woodchip's link looks worth exploring, and friend Dennis was aware that the camera was going to be awkward. No bother when he is at home, because he has installed the necessary that came with the camera. Also he had read about Nikon's ockardness in doing things their way or not at all !

He's over 80, has other advisors or camera club members who convinced him that RAW is the only file to use if you care that much, and was urged to go the long way round and use a fancy (and expensive) card reader with built in memory.

I won't even try to convince him that he did't need the card reader, since he has an adequate HD and USB connections, he did look a bit startled when I transferred his pics to my HD with so little fuss and time spent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…