Nikon Coolpix 4300 digital camera, Advice required

User-324448 13:54 29 Feb 04

Hello again. Re Nikon Coolpix 4300, Could any of you tell me the expected life of a fully charged battery with the camera used at full resolution 2272x1704 with the LCD screen not used, roughly how many pictures could be taken.Also has anyone experiance of the company "PIXmania" Thanks Prof.

TAMPICO 22:37 01 Mar 04

I ordered an Epson rx500 multifunction printer/scanner from them, knowing that they are a French based company, I phoned my order through so could ask them if it was an English version. I was assured it would all be in English, needless to say when it finally arrived 3 weeks later it was all in French. After numerous emails and phone calls they said I could get the English software, manual and front panel from Epson and they would reimburse me with the cost of doing so, which I must admit they did, but it took Epson 3 more weeks to dispatch the goods, because everybody else had the same problem.

anchor 09:58 02 Mar 04

Personally, I would prefer to deal with a UK based company, even if it meant paying a little more.

Remember, Jessops will price match any UK based web supplier, if the product is is stock. That way you get to see and handle the camera, and have a local dealer to visit if there is a problem.

This is the supplier I quoted, when I bought my camera from Jessops, and they price matched.

click here

scotty 10:14 02 Mar 04

Bought a Nikon from Pixmania in the week before Xmas 2002. It was delivered promptly and had the correct documentation. Also bought a camcorder which came with two manuals, French and English.

Regarding the battery life, my camera uses lithium ion batteries and I am impressed with the performance. I cannot quote exact figures but it was only charged 6-8 times during the first year and I use the LCD screen. Fairly heavy use while on holiday and no problem with battery life. The disadvantage of lithium ion batteries are that you cannot just buy replacements at the local shop if your batteries go flat.

Never had a reason to contact them so cannot comment on customer service.

anchor 12:24 02 Mar 04

According to a review I read, the supplied battery, (EN-EL1), runs the camera for about 90 minutes with the LCD on, & takes about 2 hours to recharge.

This also is the time stated on the Nikon UK site; (although they don`t say if its with the LCD on or off)

Sounds very good to me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…