//some 3rd party need geo

Nikon Coolpix 3100 batteries

Scott_the_Scot 14:58 29 Apr 04

Not a completly computer related question but I'm sure someone will know the answer. In the manual for my camera it says that I must use rechargeable AA batteries or a CRV3 lithium Ion battery. Is there any reason why I can't use normal alkaline AA batteries. These would be used as emergency back-ups for when my recargeables and CRV3 run out and I have no way of replacing them.

Salinger 15:23 29 Apr 04

I use Alkaline AA's for emergencies 'cos you can buy them anywhere, obviously it is far cheaper to use the highest power NiMh rechargeables you can find, currently 2300 mAh.

Salinger 15:26 29 Apr 04

Most manufacturers supply you with Alkalines when you buy the camera but recommend using rechargeables!

Stuartli 15:47 29 Apr 04

It's probably because Nikon is aware that using normal akaline batteries will provide only a fraction of the use of rechargeable NiMH batteries or the CRV3 alternative.

My Minolta Dimage E203 uses the same CRV3 or two akaline/niCad/NiMH batteries and is happy with any of the choice of four; however the akaline versions last a very short time with the NiCad not far behind.

I have a "fast charge" battery charger from CPC in Preston which will recharge four NiMH batteries in around two hours (the actual time depends on the mAh capacity and batteries' discharged state); cost was £11.75 and includes mains and car adaptors.

However, Jessops sells the same battery charger rebadged under its own name for £19.99 including four NiMH batteries (JESBCKU).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…