Nightmare

Ops 08:27 04 Sep 06

I re formatted my PC a week ago, since then i cant update any drivers, if i do i just get the blue screen of death.

I open media player and i get the blue screen yet again.

Sometimes when i boot up i sign in and then get the blue screen.

The reports are just a lot of numbers, which dont mean anything to me, im seriousley thinking of replacing my tower.

Can anybody help me please

rawprawn 09:49 04 Sep 06

Assuming Windows XP
click here

mikesuther 12:49 04 Sep 06

do not think of throwing away your unit, frustrating though computers are there is normally something that we as humans have missed, and the amount of money wasted a year must be phenominal when people upgrade for no reason.

when you first reinstalled everything did you start getting the blue screen? Also did you use a manufacturerers recovery disk or did you use a windows disk? the reason for asking is that if you used a windows disk it would not have loaded all of the driver for all of the devices that came with your computer.

have you got access to another computer with internet connection? if so this is what i would reccomend.

1) right click on the my computer icon in start menu.
2) click properties, then system devices.
3)this will give you a list of all items connected to your computer.
4) click on each decie (eg disk drive,cd rom)make a note of the make.
5) once you have a list, on the computer with a connection. contact each manufacturers web site and down load the drive for each device.

i think your problem is that although you have a clean install, you have litteraly a clean machine which is missing the drivers required to operate things such as modem, graphics card, sound card and so on.

I hope this is helpful, kind regards, Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac