niggles

algernonymous 10:43 12 Jul 04

Just a couple of niggles I put up with but have now decided to do something about- every time I boot up I get a small window come up titled 'res://ie4tour.dll/welcome.htm' and the content says 'Cannot find etc., etc.,' Obviously this is something to do with IE4 which I no longer use but how do I stop it?
Secondly, my taskbar recently went from one to two rows and I can't get it back to one. I can drag it down to nothing at the bottom of the screen. Is it because there are too many icons in the sys tray? If so, how do I remove them?
Thanking you all in anticipation...

Diodorus Siculus 10:48 12 Jul 04

Removing icons in the system tray:

start

run

msconfig

under the startup tab, disable anything you don't want / need.

click here for details of the programs which run at startup.

algernonymous 22:36 15 Jul 04

I looked into system tray cure, but there was nothing relating to my icons e.g.- winamp agent, task scheduler, mediakey(my keyboard), AVG, Zonealarm, ???

The res/ie4tour wasn't in control panel\internet options\advanced; wasn't too sure what I was looking for in registry.

algernonymous 20:19 16 Jul 04

Sorry crx, I meant the solution to the res/ie4tour problem was not in control panel\internet options\advanced, i.e. the 'show welcome message each time i log on' option was not available.

algernonymous 12:47 08 Aug 04

Still haven't resolved either of these...

canard 12:53 08 Aug 04

Would it fix if you installed IE6 [with safety patches]? It's better for security and you can adjust privacy stringently.

stalion 13:16 08 Aug 04

this could be related to your shutdown problem

algernonymous 13:47 08 Aug 04

canard- I have ie6 + updates.

stalion- I suppose it could but the shut down problem only started in the last few days.( these 2 are from long ago)

Re the sys tray prob, I'd like to keep the programs, just remove some of the icon in the sys tray.

canard 22:01 08 Aug 04

Just keep the ones you need in sys tray. L click and drag and drop the ones you don't need often to a shortcuts folder which you can make by R clicking start-open and new folder- call it shortcuts - and shove them in there.

algernonymous 10:00 09 Aug 04

Didn't work. Could d+d from taskbar, but not from sys tray.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…