nielson reel reasearch

leeknight67 11:12 14 May 05

i do online surveys and it says its downloading a movie clip to review. but then nothing happens. lst time i did it on my other pc a box came up where i had to click always trust from nielson reel research. any ideas?

Kate B 11:49 14 May 05

As far as I can tell from Google, Nielson is a market research company and I expect that it wants to install some kind of (probably benign) tracking software on your machine, but your firewall is sensibly preventing it.

Do you want its adware tracking software on your computer? If not, click no. I expect it's in return for providing you with the movie clip, which seems like a duff deal to me.

leeknight67 16:13 14 May 05

how do i disable my firewll for the time being?

Kate B 17:31 14 May 05

Gandalf may disagree but generally it's not a brilliant idea to disable your firewall.

You could try this, though - I guess you might find that when you try and download the trailer, a bar comes up at the top of Internet Explorer (under the address bar) telling you that Windows Firewall has blocked the download. It will probably give you the opportunity to click to allow the download.

As I said earlier, though, personally I wouldn't click yes to the Nielsen Reel research. It's probably adware/tracking software that will report back to Nielsen on your web-browsing habits. That's the Faustian pact you make for access to the trailer. Up to you, but I'd give it a miss.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…