Nice and Easy Media Player

Si_L 17:45 11 Jun 07

My sis came to me with a problem, her laptop, when she puts a DVD into the drive, loads of applications start asking her to play it. WMP doesn't work properly, she doesnt like using Nero StartSmart, and she doesn't like InterActual Player.

I want to get rid of these, which I know how to do easy. But could someone recommend me a Media player for DVDs and CDs, that just does the job, and is REALLY easy to use.

Oh yeah, a free one is definitely preferable!

skidzy 17:50 11 Jun 07

click here will play almost anything.

birdface 18:14 11 Jun 07

Will agree with Skidzy.VLC. It will play almost any type of Cd/DVD.

Si_L 18:40 11 Jun 07

Hey cheers guys that is perfect. Do you know how I can make it my default player (I am going to keep WMP on there)?

brundle 18:43 11 Jun 07

Prefer Gomplayer myself...click here

Si_L 18:58 11 Jun 07

Ok I spoke too soon regarding VLC, to play the DVD you have to go to click on play then go to disc and ok it. Believe me when I say that that is too complex.

I tried Gomplayer, and it didnt have the codecs for it.

Is there a player which you literally just put the DVD in, open the program and press play?

Thanks for help so far guys :)

brundle 19:08 11 Jun 07

Yes, sorry, just reinstalled Windows yesterday, must have had codecs installed in my previous install - as you say Gomplayer won't do it. More media players with DVD support (not all free) click here

skidzy 19:08 11 Jun 07

Well your best bet will be Powerdvd basic,sorry cannot find the link at the moment but it costs under £10

I believe its version 5,maybe someone can provide the link.

You said earlier WMP does not work properly,can you elaborate more and maybe we can fix this.

first thing is to update your version of WMP to version 11 if not done so already click here

Or try Winamp click here

Si_L 19:12 11 Jun 07

WMP did not have the codecs to play the DVD. I would rather not have to pay for the media player.

Will give Winamp a try. Ta :)

skidzy 19:12 11 Jun 07

click here
Very expensive at under £2.00 Lol :-)

skidzy 19:13 11 Jun 07

You can download the xp codecpack to replace missing or damaged codecs click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…