NIC installation in Window$ NT

expertec 15:03 07 Nov 03

I have a computer with Windows NT on it, it has a network card in but the drivers are not installed (the card was added after windows was installed)

When I try to install the drivers for the card it asks me what IRQ and I/O Port Address to use and I don't know what to put in (if I did I wouldn't be posting this) Is there a way to find out what they are, or, if there isn't, if I re-install Windows will it find and configure the card? (re-installing Windows won't be too much trouble, and it would fix a couple of other problems)

All info very gratefully received

vinnyo123 19:36 07 Nov 03

click here

might help

vinnyo123 19:38 07 Nov 03
  spikeychris 19:45 07 Nov 03

One way to do it and admittedly its a bit drastic, but not as bad as a re-install is to delete all the devices using the Device manger in the system
settings in control panel and then re-booting. Windows will detect
all the devices when you boot up the next time and re-configure
everything so that they all work properly. This should work unless you
have a hard wired device conflict in which case you may have to set
jumpers on your add on card to select an IRQ that does not conflict
with any other device.

expertec 20:01 07 Nov 03

It's an old plug 'n' pray ISA card, I didn't think windows NT detected new hardwares at boot up?

expertec 20:02 07 Nov 03

Re-installing is not bad, will it definitely find the NIC if i do this?

expertec 22:23 07 Nov 03

I think it's a D-Link DE-220 or something like that

expertec 11:16 12 Nov 03

I've tried every combination od IRQs and I/O Addresses, but none of them worked, and I've installed the ISA PnP Enabler Driver but it doesn't seem to have done anything

expertec 16:23 13 Nov 03

Thanks for that, I have downloaded file, will post back later

expertec 09:26 19 Nov 03

I tried using add adapter in Network properties instead of trying to install windows networking, clicked OK to the first IRQ & I/O settings that came up, and it seems to have worked but I'm not sure as it is not connected to anything yet. Is there any way I can test it without it being connected to a network?

ßéLâ, I downloaded a file from that site but it wasn't any use, anyway it seems to be sorted now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…