NFS UNDERGROUND

Mercury007 13:31 31 Mar 04

hi,

is it possible to run NFS UNDERGROUND with a 16Mb Nvidia Vanta graphics card?

Think so..

I think it requires a 32mb Card Min.

Totally-braindead 14:16 31 Mar 04

32MB DirectX 9 compatible video card (Geforce2 or higher) using a
supported chipset (see below)
This is exactly what it says in the manual I'm afraid, and even that is a bit optomistic,seen it running on a 64mb GeForce 2 MX and in order to run it well enough to play you had to lower or even turn off a lot of the settings. Having said that its a fantastic game and even on the GeForce 2 it looked pretty good. In order to play it with all the setting on full you'll need at least a GeForce FX5600 with 128mb.

Mercury007 14:27 31 Mar 04

10x for your practical insight about the game. So, guess it's time to upgrade my SVGA card.

Can you ppl help me choose a graphics card?
I need to spend in the range of 130-150 pound Sterling.

My system: P3 800Mhz, 512Mb SDRAM, 40Gb Hard Drive, 3D 5.1Live Genius SoundCard, DVD Drive, CD Rewriter Drive, Mainboard supports up to AGP4x.

10q in advance.

A 9800Pro is about £150 i think, or the 9800SE is about £100.

My advice would be to perhap's look for a faster processor as that will make the game run better..

Totally-braindead 15:21 31 Mar 04

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
===========================
Windows 98, 98 Second Edition, ME, 2000 Professional, XP Professional,
or XP Home operating system
Intel Pentium III (or compatible) CPU running at 700Mhz or higher
32MB DirectX 9 compatible video card (Geforce2 or higher) using a
supported chipset (see below)
128MB of RAM (256 MB using Windows 2000 or XP)
DirectX compatible sound card
2 GB of HD space
8X CD-ROM
If you want to run NFS then you'll need a faster processor as well, the above is the MINIMUM in order to get the game to run at all, if you buy a good graphics card it probably won't run NFS too well as you're computers a bit slow for it. Can your mainboard take a faster processor as well?

Mercury007 09:36 01 Apr 04

I've tried fitting a faster processor in my mainboard but the problem is that they don't ship any more, the retailers are too concentrated on P4 systems here in Malta now. Another problem I met is that most modern cards use AGP 8x but my mainboard only sports up to AGB 4x. The thing is that I don't want to upgrade the whole pc just for NFS Underground. Everything else works fine, incl. other games.

Can I find a good graphics card in that price range that is compatible with my system?

The 8x AGP are backwards compatable.

Look for an FX5600 or similar then, they would be ideal,

Totally-braindead 13:12 01 Apr 04

I have an FX5600 and its a fine card works with NFS with all settings on full, which you may or may not be able to do with your Intel chip. Make sure if you buy a FX graphics card its not a XT version as they are a bit slower. You can get one of the best for about £150 if you're willing to go to the top of your price range you can get a Ati Radeon 9800 Pro LITE from click here or from click here and I'm sure others will do it as well. The Lite edition is the same as the other version except it comes in a plain box without the games bundle.

If you don't want to spend the full amount get a FX5700 you should be able to pick one up for about £110-120 but make sure its the full version not the XT.
Thinking about your system I'm not sure if buying the Radeon would be any better than the FX5600 or FX5700 so unless you're going to upgrade the Board and processor sometime soon the cheaper card might make better sense. Buy NFS though you'll love it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…