nforce2 motherboard, soundstorm, and creative 5300

two00lbwaster 13:33 26 Apr 03

ive got an abit nf7-s v1.2 with the soundstorm audio processor but i cant get the 5300 speakers i have to be configured properly. i dont get the two rear channels. everything is plugged in, and plugged in correctly but i just cant get the software test to work so that all the speakers are used.

on the test i get the front left and fron right correct then the centre is called by the front right the rear left is called by the centre speaker and nothing comes out for the rear right speaker

two00lbwaster 14:08 26 Apr 03

anyone?

Mr-C 00:47 27 Apr 03

Try this, pull out the rear speaker plug from the pc about halfway then try the speaker test. If this works it is a problem on the m/board. I have came across it twice before. You can bypass this by using your mic socket for the rear speakers then configuring it accordingly. But if it is this and your board is new then its back to the supplier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…