Nexus 7 email problem

muddypaws 19:15 PM 11 May 13

Has anyone with the N7 had this problem: Recently it has decided not to connect to my Tiscali and Talktalk server unless I reboot. Then after a while the connection fails again. All settings are correct and no problems with the internet. Good strong WiFi. I don't normally switch it off so it is a bit of a nuisance. Have posted on the Android N7 forum, but no takers so far. TT is fine on the desk top so not a server problem. Thanks.

muddypaws 11:38 AM 12 May 13

Well I found a not too recent web posting on the web where the poster was having same problem with a Samsung. Apparently the outgoing port should be 25. Mine has always been set to 587 as per TT info. That has cured the problem, but for some reason when I go to settings it has reverted to 587 so has to be reset. No way to save the setting. Will go back to the Android forum and check.

Batch 16:48 PM 12 May 13

I've always found (using the stock email app with all email accounts set up as IMAP) that when I first go to the inbox (or any other folder for that matter), if the folder was previously empty (when I left it last time) and is still empty, "Checking for messages" (with the rotating roundel) stays stuck on the screen. If I flip to another folder and then back to the original one it clears correctly.

I reported this to Google months ago, but it seems they are not interested.

muddypaws 18:02 PM 12 May 13

Interesting. Strangely after removing the account and re-creating it about 20 thimes using port 25 it set up and d/loaded mesages. Haven't checked for the last 2 hours, so may have crashed again. 587 is the out for and 25 for Tiscali.

muddypaws 18:59 PM 28 May 13

Been running Ok since last post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…