Newsgroups - Can't Connect

billy_s 17:45 17 Aug 03

I am using Windows XP, am using Outlook Express and have two ISP accounts. When trying to connect I get the following message;

ccount: news.btinternet.com
Server: news.btinternet.com
Protocol: NNTP
Port: 563
Secure(SSL): 1
Code: 800ccc0e

A similar message comes up (news.tesco.net, ) when I try to download and access newsgroups through Tesco.net which I signed upto as a second ISP last week. Outlook Express shows I am connected but I get timed out without any newsgroups being downloaded). I don't have any virus infections and have even removed Zone Alarm in the hope that this might fix the problem.

I have phoned the Tesco (premium rate) helpline but they had little to offer in the way of advice. Is there anythng I can change in my PC settings that might be able to sort this one?
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

Billy

spikeychris 17:56 17 Aug 03

click here(SSL):+1+Code:+800ccc0e&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&filter=0 for related problem

Chris

spikeychris 17:57 17 Aug 03
  paz57 22:41 11 Nov 04

hi, i have the same problem on tesco.net, message as below, mail ok but newgroups just chuck up this error below, not sure how the link got there but is always in the error box when you click details of error...cheers..paz

502 Permission Denied - Permission Denied -- click here (Tornado v1.0.6.363)

paz57 22:44 11 Nov 04

502 Permission Denied - Permission Denied -- click here (Tornado v1.0.6.363)

Configuration:
Account: tesco
Server: news.tesco.net
Protocol: NNTP
Port: 119
Secure(SSL): 0
Error Number: 502
Code: 800ccca0

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…