News items - Add a New Comment - HOW TO?

Covergirl 12:43 PM 06 Jul 11

Does anybody have an idea how to post a comment on a news article? Mine always has a text box with a "Please Wait . . . " in it.

To see what I mean, go to PCA home page, click any news article and underneath the article there's a comments section.

I see a few comments have been added to various articles but I am unable to do so.

There is a "Login" button (link) which opens a Login or Register box with various options - so do we have to log in to post a comment now? It always used to be there and anonymous (if that was what you wanted) but now we have to use our Facebook or Google id - is this right?

Covergirl 12:49 PM 06 Jul 11

OK, I logged into this Disqus thing via my gmail account and guess what? No apparent difference. I've still got the Please Wait . . . in the comments box. And it now says Logout (of Disqus) so I'm logged in.

I'll get me coat . . .

lotvic 13:05 PM 06 Jul 11

When I tried, (already logged in to pca forum) and clicked on 'Post As...' I got a pop up box 'Who are you?' with my details already filled in - my email address and name it showed my real name and not my forum user name.

Perhaps these are editable but I didn't post a comment just in case (I chickened out)

I tried several articles but couldn't find any with any comments already on?

gengiscant 13:21 PM 06 Jul 11

I have just tried it,no problems, Testing

lotvic 16:21 PM 06 Jul 11

gengiscant, can't see a comment from you on that page you link to. Just one comment from another forum member that's not you.

Covergirl, I just clicked inside the comment box. I didn't click on the 'Disqus' button

I still don't know if you have to be logged in or if you can comment anonymously (not logged in)

gengiscant 16:56 PM 06 Jul 11

It was there???????

lotvic 17:53 PM 06 Jul 11

gengiscant, your comment doesn't show for me. Just one comment from Jwarn on that page.

Covergirl 17:56 PM 06 Jul 11

Well, the comments box becomes active now I'm at home on IE9 - it must be incompatible with IE7, my favourite lunchtime browser.

Covergirl 17:57 PM 06 Jul 11

Yes, I can only see a comment from JWARN too

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

HDR video: Everything you need to know

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know