News About SpyVest

schmitty 20:32 09 Mar 05

In regards to SpyVest, I have noticed many comments (both good and bad) here. First, SpyVest is different than Ad-aware or Spybot. Although we might "look" like Ad-aware, our lines of code are different. Try this test...take any three anti-spyware programs and run all three. Don't delete the results of what it finds. Spybot will find something Ad-aware doesn't and SpyVest will find something the other two won't, etc., etc. SpyVest was recently purchased by Purple Trout, LLC and is currently in the process of updating its website and its program. In addition, SpyVest has a recent track record (since its new acquisition) of updating its anti-spyware files more often than Spy-bot and Ad-aware. Granted, some anti-spyware programs work great for you and you should use them, but only if you truly feel comfortable using freeware and shareware. I wish you all the best in removing spyware from your computer. And, just for fun, check out our new website (click here), which will be posted by March 14, 2005 for free information on removing spyware.

Thank you,
Steve Phillips
CEO
PurpleTrout, LLC
click here

VoG II 20:45 09 Mar 05
  schmitty 20:58 09 Mar 05

VoG,

Thank you for the link, we have seen the report. It was created prior to our purchase five weeks ago. We have a lot of work to do, but feel we only need to be successful with our users. I never have worried about "reviewers" or those critical of what we are trying to do. Still it's a good article for us to follow and learn to make our product better.

Take care,
Steve Phillips
CEO
PurpleTrout, LLC
click here

jimv7 00:25 10 Mar 05

I created a restore point, downloaded spyvest, could not install it, PASS.

jimv7 00:29 10 Mar 05

Unknown method in setup

No files to extract

These are the 2 error messages that winrar gave me.

ahales42 00:58 10 Mar 05

I tried to unzip it. Got unknown compression error. Off to a bad start so far.

schmitty 01:09 10 Mar 05

I am truly sorry to you are having problems downloading the "free scan". However, here are a couple of things you can check/try:
(1) Make sure you are trying to download the "free scan" from our website click here. If you are trying to download it from another link (on another site), or someone else's e-mail, the link may be dead.
(2) Our "free scan" download is a Zip file. Make sure you have WinZip or an evaluation copy of such, so you can unzip it properly.
(3) If you continue to have problems, please feel free to send us an e-mail at [email protected]. Give us as much information as possible about the error message. Our experience (so far) is the error messages have been a Windows problem, not ours. However, we are more than willing to help you research and solve the problem.

Thanks again,
Steve Phillips
CEO
PurpleTrout, LLC
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…