NewLink Contact Info?

seanquinn 00:48 05 Sep 06

I have lost the setup CD for a NewLink Cable Wireless Router. Their web site doesn't seem to give any downloads or other support, not even Contact details...help anyone ?

mgmcc 11:02 05 Sep 06

You shouldn't normally need a Setup CD to configure a router - it probably runs a wizard and may have a .PDF manual on it.

A router can usually be configured by entering its IP address into a web browser, which should open its Setup pages. However, there may be a default password set, something like 'admin'.

If you don't know the router's IP address, you might find it by connecting the router to a PC, opening a Command Prompt window and entering IPCONFIG /ALL

This will display details of all of the adapters in the PC and, for the one that connects to the router, the "Default Gateway" will be the router's IP address. It will only work though provided the PC has managed to get its addresses (IP, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS Server) by DHCP from the router.

seanquinn 17:50 05 Sep 06

Thanks for your help...I am sure I could configure this Router if I could get its IP address but that bit of info refuses to show up !
I have correctly connected the Ethernet cable to the WAN and LAN sockets and the follwoing front panel lights are showing solid: Power, WAN, WLAN and Local Network 1 (my desktop PC. The Status ight keeps flashing, but not having the manual, I don't know what that indicates.
Here's what I got when I typed IPconfig/all:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Sean>IPCONFIG/ALL

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : FREDBUILD
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit
Ethernet Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-11-09-7C-7D-B6
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.55.156
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

FelixTCat 18:46 05 Sep 06

seanquinn,

I've responded in your other thread.

Regards,

Felix

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017