Newbie looking to buy a TFT

jcotton 12:56 26 Jul 05

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a 17" TFT for my PC. What should I look out for? Whilst looing I have seen response times vary is it good to have a fast repsonse time (12ms) or a longer time (40ms)?

I have around £140 to spend on it any ideas?

Cheers

Graham ® 13:07 26 Jul 05

Ebuyer item 77889. Reviews say it's 8ms on the latest batch. Fastest is best. I'll post a link...

Graham ® 13:09 26 Jul 05
  harps1h 13:17 26 Jul 05

first of all the lower the response time the better the picture if you intend to use it for video or gaming. higher than 16ms and you tend to get a ghosting effect. secondly look carefully and don't dash into it, if you find one try to find an independant review of the tft to see if those with more knowledge think that it is worth the money. the best looking monitor does not mean it is the best performing tft

click here i have the 19" version of it and it is a good monitor

Stuartli 14:03 26 Jul 05

The new dabs.com brochure includes a ViewSonic VE710S 17in TFT at a new lower price of £151.71 - includes 8ms response time.

Further details by keying in 395LDM into dabs.com's quicklinx product finder service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…