NEWBIE- How do I register a name/site?

southpaw 20:28 22 Jun 05

Hi

I'm totally new to this but I would like to start a website for my band.

I want to use the name of the band as the website e.g thebeatles.com....

Can anyone recommend how, where and the cost of this. I would just like to put photos, details, gig dates and maybe some mp3 samples.

All suggestions and recommendations appreciated. Would like to secure the .com and .co.uk

Thanks in advance.

igk 20:43 22 Jun 05

I can highly recommend "Webmania" check out the website here
click here
I have used them for quite a long time and they will register your domains(you can check that the domains are available online)and the webhosting is only £20 per year for 500mb of webspace (should be ample for your needs)and a very good bandwidth allocation...hth.

spuds 19:31 24 Jun 05

You could check out click here and their small package deals.They also have a 'trial' website creator, which you can try for free.

monkon2 11:08 26 Jun 05

i have just registered a domain name here: click here and it cost me less than £10 for 2 years for a .co.uk name, they also have wwb hosting packages available, but they arent the best to be honest

hope this helps

hal_cyon 20:58 27 Jun 05

Hi

last domain I registered was a little under £6
for two years and i'm hosting it on my free webspace from my isp

It is a .co.uk domain

.com could be more expensive

I don't think it's necesary to have both
.co.uk and .com (just my opinion)

click here

p.s. I think The Beatles is already taken
Haha

hope this helps

hal_cyon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…