Newbie help please

Ridleyrider 19:53 24 Feb 04

I had Windows XP Professional previously installe don my PC & I knew my way around it ok.

I have now replaced it with Windows XP Home which is quite different.

Please can someone help me with these questions?

(1) How do I get the desktop & IE icons on the taskbar liek the were on Pro (on the bottom left nest to the Start tab).

(2) When I scroll down using the mouse wheel, the pages are slow to move down (they sort of flicker). How do I adjust this (is it refresh rate?)

Thanks

powerless 19:58 24 Feb 04

1) Right click taskbar, toolbars, quick launch

2) Uddate graphic drivers and/or in IE, tools, internet options, advanced, enable smooth scrolling.

Diodorus Siculus 20:00 24 Feb 04

Right click on the task bar and choose to have the "quick launch" toolbar selected.

Check in mouse options for the actions of a scroll mouse - either page at a time, or 3 lines or whatever.

Ridleyrider 20:09 24 Feb 04

Thanks

I have tried the mouse & internet suggestions above for the scrolling and it's still the same (i.e the scrolling isnt very smooth).

johnnyrocker 20:14 24 Feb 04

in my opinion moving from pro to home is a backward step in more ways than one..

johnny.

Ridleyrider 20:49 24 Feb 04

££££££

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…