newbie help

fire 18:48 05 Sep 06

i have a business idea and it is located around a web site. i take it i need to register the name if available but what pitfalls do i need to be aware of....i would like to answer these questions
1 best way of registering domain
2 would i be better letting a company do the site

i have no experience in web site design although im pc literate.

any help what so ever is welcomed...
this idea is something i have just thought up so need to be careful on what money is spent initially.....thanks hope this makes sense...lol

gibbs1984 19:28 05 Sep 06

If your willing to do the hard work and actually do the markup yourself then this book is perfect for new people interested in designing a website. It doesn't take long to finish the book and once you have completed it then you should be fairly confident with websites.

click here

I don't know how much people charge for designing a website but can't imagine it being cheap, well not cheaper than £25 which is what that book costs ;o)

ade.h 19:32 05 Sep 06

A website can range from £200-300 up to many times that, depending on what you want. I would expect to pay between £300 and £600 for a commercial brochure site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…