New Zone Alarm won't install and I am unable to un install the old version

RISC OS user 18:34 12 Aug 14
Answered

I have the following installed ...ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall version: 12.0.104.000 Vsmon version: 12.0.104.000 Driver version: 12.0.102.000 Antivirus engine version: 8.3.2.4 Antivirus signature DAT file version: 1129401248. I have been invited to install the latest version by a pop up on my Laptop. I did this and downloaded a file Check Point Install Utility 133.052.000(1) ZoneAlarm setup web, FileVersion 13.3.52.0 Each time I double click the icon to run this installer it informs me that my present version is not upgradeable and to uninstal it. I have tried to do this but any mention of Zone Alarm in Control Panel has disappeared. I have tried to remove all the files on the C drive with any thing to do with Zone Alarm but only some have been removed and even if I take ownership they still are not deleted. The old Zone Alarm is still installed on the task bar at the bottom of the window after boot up and does appear to be working but Anti Virus keeps giving an at risk notice until I down load updates manually but this message re appears seconds later. I tried to remove these files in Safe Mode but again was unable to do so. Any Help will be appreciated.

RISC OS user 22:39 12 Aug 14

I still am not able to delete the ZoneAlarm files from the C drive, I get a message the I do not have system permission!

wee eddie 23:17 12 Aug 14

When you attempted to uninstall Zone Alarm, did you use the Uninstaller from their website. All, to the best of my knowledge, Anti Virus programs require a special Uninstaller, usually available on the Home Page of their Web Site.

Download it and, if you're lucky, it will pick up the remaining bits and bobs.

RISC OS user 17:30 13 Aug 14

Thank you for your reply, I have down loaded and run the Zone Alarm Check Point Install Utility Version 13.3.52.0 and it does appear to have removed the Zone Alarm files but each time I double click to install the new version of Zone Alarm I still get the message to un-install the old version of Zone Alarm. I have now installed AVG 2014 together with the free upgrade option and it has cleaned the registry and other items but still not able to install Zone Alarm. I have restarted the Laptop each time I have been asked by the Zone Alarm Utility, but still no luck!!!

RISC OS user 21:45 13 Aug 14

Still cannot install the New Zone Alarm, has anyone any ideas? Please, I do not want to have to re-load my System disc image again!!!

RISC OS user 13:44 15 Aug 14

Still not able to re install ZoneAlarm!

rdave13 15:47 15 Aug 14

Found this self-service support on how to remove ZA manually. Hope it's of help as I don't use ZA.

RISC OS user 17:26 28 Aug 14
Answer

I now have installed ZoneAlarm. Not sure how... but went into safe mode and did all that I had done before and suddenly all was ok, Thanks for all help offered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…