new years resolution :)

dlguk 22:22 17 Apr 09

Hi,
I recently bought a new 22” monitor, I have downloaded the updated drivers for my adapter and when I set it to its best performance,obviously icons and text are small.
Is there a one step way to get my display as clear as 1024x768 or similar, but with the resolution of 1680x1050? I have tried doing it manually but it looks naffs.
Thank you

Technotiger 22:44 17 Apr 09

Right-click on Desktop, then select Properties>Settings>Advanced>Adapter Tab, then click on List all modes, you should then be able to make your choice.

dlguk 23:26 17 Apr 09

I really do kow how to do that, what i am looking for is a way to get everything back to 'easy to read' in one go, I could mess with it but I'D rather have a one stop solution :)
ty

Technotiger 23:50 17 Apr 09

OK - but I do not know of any such one-click solution I am afraid.

Perhaps your Graphics card is not up to it.

I too have a 22" LCD TV/Monitor running at 1680x1050 which is grrreat!

Stuartli 00:12 18 Apr 09

If you have a TFT monitor, which is most likely, than the native resolution will prove the most suitable.

You could always try Microsoft's ClearType to improve clarity.

List All Modes is, in fact, a one-click solution i.e. you can keep changing the colour/resolution/refresh rate as you wish until you find the combination that suits.

However, the normal refresh rate for a flat screen monitor is usually 6o0MHz.

dlguk 10:47 18 Apr 09

Thank you all and a special thanks to X7-250. That was the kind of easy route I was looking for, I changed the DPI to 120 but when I rebooted the screen resolution reverted to 1024x768. I guess my 6 year old card isn’t up to it :(. I still thought I like every thing a bit larger (getting old-the eyes are failing :S) so I used ‘Custom’ and set it to 144, that’s what I am using at the moment and it looks just right.
Thanx again
Ps the refresh rate is set at 60 Hertz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5