//some 3rd party need geo

New XP Key

Porcy 18:23 09 Mar 04

Is there any way to update my XP home reg key with my XP Pro key?

Jester2K 18:26 09 Mar 04

I think that you'll need to format and reinstall using your new Pro CD & key as Home and Pro are simalar but not the same.

smudge101 18:40 09 Mar 04

Why would you need to change the key, if it is to install a service pack there is a way round the problem.

Paranoid Android 18:42 09 Mar 04

Depending which version of the CD you have, you may be able to upgrade without re-formatting. However be warned that people sometimes experience problems such as lost drivers, and you may need to re-install any service packs and windows updates.

Marvin

Porcy 18:47 09 Mar 04

I need to change the key cause my original key is apparently 'wrong'. I think I had a dodgy instalation by suppliers, but cant point fingers. I now have a valid key, but forgot to ask how to change it

anon1 19:07 09 Mar 04

yeah right sure you did. this will help either do it yourself or with a zip file click here

Jester2K 20:07 09 Mar 04

The Pro key will almost certainly NOT work with a Home installation.

You can't even use an upgrade CD key with an OEM CD as i found out when i tried to us my upgrade CD to repair a mates PC. I had to go out and get his CD to complete the job because the CD key on the back of his case wouldn't work with my upgrade CD.

If you had a "Dodgy installation" speak to Microsoft Piracy Dept.

Jester2K 20:10 09 Mar 04

Report it on a Freephone number

United Kingdom
0800 013 2222

Porcy 23:34 09 Mar 04

Thanks anon, I knew you would be about sooner or later...gotta remember to ask the piracy department next time :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…