New to XP

Digital 12:32 13 Aug 05

I'm just about to upgrade to XP from 98SE. Can anyone suggest a good & not too expensive manual on XP for a reasonably competent user?

bremner 12:36 13 Aug 05

click here always worth considering

PsiFox 12:36 13 Aug 05

XP for dummies
click here

ACOLYTE 12:37 13 Aug 05

The built in help for xp is quite good and a reasonable place to start)).

Digital 12:57 13 Aug 05

Thanks everyone.

Pidder 14:18 13 Aug 05

Mind if I butt in? where precisely in XP Help? as a new XP user I'm still floundering!

Stuartli 14:43 13 Aug 05

Help and Support from the Start menu - it also has an online facility for additional assistance.

As with all Microsoft programs and applications, the Help section is thorough, comprehensive and well written.

An excellent book for XP is How to do Everything with XP by Curt Simmons (Osborne) now in its second edition (that rings a bell!)

I got a copy from the local main library where, incidentally, you can take out as many books as you wish and keep them for as long as you like (renew once a month, including online) unless someone else requests one or more of them; the main libary's shelves contain at least 200 books at any one time on virtually every computer subject and at least 100 at branches of the service...:-)

Pidder 14:49 13 Aug 05

Thanks, hadn't looked there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…