New Wireless Networks! Please Help

prezzacc 13:44 10 Jan 09

Hi all i hope someone may be able to help. I recently bought a thomson wireless router, what i wish to do is set it up so i run my internet from it, and also attach my wireless x4650 lexmark printer to it all in one. Is this possible? At the moment i just set up the router from the internet provider and it connects to the net fine. I wondered if i couod create my own with own SSID but i cant seem to do it, ANY help would be great
Many Thanks in advance

dawood 16:50 10 Jan 09

You can check out this wireless network setup tutorial click here , see whether can help you.

prezzacc 20:54 10 Jan 09

thanks but that doesnt help, i only have a router no modem. its a 4 port wireless router. but i cant seem to get this workin.

ambra4 03:14 11 Jan 09

“I only have a router no modem”

Of course you have a modem how else would connect to the Internet.

The Thomson wireless router include a build in modem

If you had taken the time to read all the information on the site that dawood advise you will find

all the information on the following areas that you have to set up to get the wireless system to

work

Preparation for Wireless Network Set-up

click here

Wireless Router Configuration

click here

Wireless Adapter Configuration in XP

click here

Wireless Adapter Configuration in Vista

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…