new wireless network

gusco 00:03 24 May 05

I am hoping to setup a wireless network. I have a desktop in one room connect to a speedtouch adsl modem ( usb connected) which is connected to a BT socket, I have another pc in another room which I would like to share my broad band connection.
I would like my 2nd pc to be able to use the broadband connection without 1st pc being switched on- is there a product that allows this. Is it better to buy a product that has a dsl modem built in or can I still carry on with my speedtouch modem.
Can anyone recommend any products, cheers.

mgmcc 00:10 24 May 05

To achieve what you want, you require a combined wireless "Router/ADSL Modem" - you cannot use your existing USB modem with a router. A popular model is the Netgear DG834G.

The Kestrel 14:04 24 May 05

Your 2nd PC will need a wireless adapter. You can fit a PCI wireless card, or easier still is to use a USB wireless adapter which just plugs in to any USB port. If your 1st PC is close to the telephone point you can connect to the router/modem via an ethernet cable, rather than a more expensive adapter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…