New Windows Update

Rhuddlan 14:22 26 Jul 04

The windows update icon appeared in my taskbar earlier today and was downloading updates and when they finished, I was asked to install this update, when I clicked on the icon the window appeared and looked very different, it asks me if I want to install the express or custom installation for the update, it doesn't tell me what the update is like it used to!!! I also noticed that the windows update page is now version 5, when I checked yesterday it was version 4!!! Should I install this update? Regards, Rhuddlan.

€dstowe 14:25 26 Jul 04

No recent updates for my machines.

Have you asked for SP2 at any time? It may be something to do with that.

Mark-323050 14:29 26 Jul 04

I got an uodate last night. It was linked with a javascript intrusion that would be possible after being invited to a website with malicious coding (I think)

Rhuddlan 14:38 26 Jul 04

I haven't asked for the beta version service pack 2 though, so is it alright to download?

Rhuddlan 15:35 26 Jul 04

Have installed the update and I notice many new changes, which are good, the security centre is saying that it is monitoring Norton Internet Secuity but doesn't know it's status, so i have asked the firewall to stop monitoring it and haven't disabled the windows firewall as I prefer my own on Norton, is there a known problem with norton and sp2? Should I be worried about this?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…