//some 3rd party need geo

New Windows Recommended Update (XP)

Jester2K II 11:56 18 Sep 03

Is this the new "feature" in Office 2003???

Recommended Update for Windows Rights Management client 1.0
Download size: 36 MB, 1 minute
The Windows Rights Management (RM) client is required for your computer to run applications that provide functionality based on RM technologies. Installing this client allows RM-aware applications to work with Windows Rights Management Services (RMS) to provide licenses for publishing and consuming RM-protected information. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer

Jester2K II 14:00 18 Sep 03

bump

Taff36 15:40 18 Sep 03

Do we need to be afraid?

click here

obbit 18:49 18 Sep 03

i saw this update earlier. haven't downloaded it yet. i understand what it is used for but to what extent i am not sure. should i update with it or not? it raises a few questions. paranoid? who me?

sdf 18:58 18 Sep 03

its for windows 2000 too - I plan to avoid it like the plauge

Jester2K II 19:05 18 Sep 03

No we don't need to be afraid.

If its what i think it is its part of Office 2003 and it allows you do create Office docs which can only be opened by selected people.

This is an XP download in my case. I assume this will enable my PC to use RMS so that if i am on a "list" i can open said document.

Not paranoid. Just wondered if it was linked to the features in Office 2003.

I guess so....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…